Canadian Department of Agriculture – Health of Animals approved 100% solid epoxy-reinforced wall coatings running continuously from a 10-foot height to tie seamlessly into an epoxy floor overlay. This system is designed for temperature shock from 5 to 100°C.
Continuous Wall to Floor Covering
Trowel-applied ¼ inch thick wall cladding running seamlessly into ¼ inch epoxy flooring to provide a moisture barrier and comply with wash-down requirements. A system installed at 7°C.
Slope to Drain
Prep the substrate and install initial sloping. Apply a flexible epoxy overlay with the final minimum requirement of 1/8 of an inch per foot slope to drain.
A sealed floor with a 35 mesh anti-slip finish for safe operation. The flooring is carried over curbing and up walls to a height of 4 inches.
A floor system that is designed for steam and hot water wash-downs, resistant to cleaning chemicals and impervious to animal fats, even under heavy-use conditions.
A system for all Canadian and U.S. federally inspected operations.
Commercial Kitchen Flooring
- Soup kettles, fryer lines, wash pits and floor drains create to some of the most demanding floor environments.
- Harsh wash down chemical exposure and hot water cycling and temperature extremes just add to the stresses.
Vinyl Tile and Sheet Vinyl
Vinyl flooring is great in a dry area, however in moist or wet environments they are prone to moisture related damage from repeated wash downs. Areas around the floor drain are usually to first areas to fail. Once water migrates between the concrete and vinyl topping, the failure continues to expand. This is a perfect breeding ground for harmful bacteria and mold.
- Tiles provide all sorts of grout lines that erode and fatigue over time.
- Ceramic tiles are brittle and may break easily if subjected to impact stresses.
Then What Will Hold Up?
Polyurethane Concrete Flooring
This technology is designed specifically for the food and beverage industry – ideally suited for Institutional kitchens and high end restaurants.
- Designed to handle harsh chemicals, oils, acids and hot water wash-downs.
- With proper floor installation, the Polyurethane Concrete floor will become part of the concrete. This greatly reduces risk around floor drains, wash pits or fryer lines.
- Available in a variety of textures, the floor can be installed to greatly reduce slips and falls, while still maintaining cleanability.
- May be installed with an integral cove base and with anti-microbial properties.
Get it right the first time and rely on it for years and years of performance: Polyurethane Concrete Flooring